Makers Supply Co. is currently recruiting for an Outside Sales Representative to promote and sell HVAC products essential to the Residential and Small Commercial market. The individual will be responsible for prospecting new business and developing existing business relationships.
The ideal candidate is someone who understands the mechanical industry and their clients’ needs. This opportunity is a full-time permanent role to grow the business and offers competitive compensation based on achieved performance targets.
- Promotion of HVAC/R & Plumbing products to contractors
- Understand clients’ needs & resources to recommend appropriate products
- Conduct sales pitches to clients, inclusive of presenting product lines and emphasize product features and their benefits
- Provide quotations, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth
- Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling when required, as well as establish and maintain relationships with design-build accounts
- Remain up-to-date with all technical knowledge to promote products (academic, OEM training, etc.)
- Keep informed on industry news, trends, products, services, competitors and product-line developments
- Manage all newly acquired client accounts
- Develop business with existing clients and keep record of business transactions
- Understand product pricing in order to satisfy business and client requirements
- Develop marketing tools, catalogs, and sales manuals
- College Diploma preferred
- 2-4 years in a sales capacity, working specifically within the HVAC/R products industry
- Have knowledge as it pertains to HVAC/R products, installation and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience in building client relationships
- Strong problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills
- Confident, clear communications and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a vehicle and be willing to travel
The successful candidate will be offered a base salary, along with commission opportunities on new accounts and/or product(s) sold.
Please send your cover letter and resume inclusive of contact information (phone number and email) to admin@MakersSupply.ca . Please note that candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.
Accommodations are available on request for those that are taking part in all aspects of the recruitment / selection process.